A perfect side dish for any meal. In addition to being delicious, Quinoa is a bit of a super food. High in protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals necessary to a healthy, balanced vegan diet. A good source of magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, phosphorus, iron, copper, zinc, and manganese, you would never know with how tasty this stuff is. Sauteed in “butter” with peas, carrots and okra, you will love this delicious and nutritious side dish.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 Cups Fully cooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Okra
- 1 Cup Frozen mixed Peas and Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tbs. Vegetable Bouillon Paste
- 1 Tbs. Dried (fresh works great, too!) Parsley
- 1 Tsp Soy or Non-Dairy Butter (olive oil works well, too.)
- 1/3 Tsp. Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Salt to taste.
- In a heated pan with butter, saute onions until translucent. Add about a teaspoon of water and mix in the vegetable bouillon paste. Continue to cook.
- Add the Okra. If it’s fresh, cook for a few minutes before continuing. Add the peas and carrots and cook until all the vegetables are starting to soften.
- Add the Quinoa, pepper, parsley and salt (if desired) and cook for only a minute. You don’t want to over cook the Quinoa, you’ll just have mush. Serve with a tossed green salad and your favorite vegan burger!
read some related articles: