Straight off the boardwalk in New Jersey, or the street vendor in Philly, these classic Italian favorites have now been veganized with the use of vegan alternatives. There are two different ways to have these vegan sausage sandwiches. Try them both!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
You Will Need:
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers (Cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 Medium Onions (Sliced Thin)
- 1 Pack Italian Tofurky Sausages
- 4 of Your Favorite Vegan Rolls
- Salt to Taste
For Vegan Philly Style:
- 1 Lb. Fresh or Frozen Vegan Steak Fries
- Spicy Brown Mustard (Good Quality)
For Boardwalk Style:
- 2 Cups of your favorite Tomato Sauce
- 4 Slices of Tofutti American Cheese (Shredded)
- Slice the onions and peppers. Be sure to get the deepest green peppers you can find. They are sweeter and less bitter. Lightly salt and begin to fry them in a oiled pan and continue to cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add the sausages to the onions and peppers and heat them. About 5 minutes.
- Get your rolls sliced. Here is where you can choose between the versions. For Boardwalk Style, mix the onions and peppers with sauce and top with Tofutti American “vegan cheese“. For Philly Style, put onions and peppers in a roll with the sausage and top with mustard and steak fries. Eat and enjoy!
read some related articles: